Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Little Red in 3D



I was looking through some of my old 3D renders recently, and still being into 3D art after all of these years, I decided to post a few.  I built this one about four years ago. The subject, of course, is Little Red Riding Hood.  In my opinion, it is one of the best little short stories that was ever written, and of course, modified by so many in book and film ever since.

A regular girl like any other, living in a countryside village, only this one was haunted by a persistent wolf.  How would you respond if a crafty-talking wolf were to approach you on a dark night and in a dark field, and you, with nothing but a lamp, a basket in your hands and your wits to protect you?

At first I thought that it was a German short story, but it may actually be of French origin.  Either way, it is my favorite fairy tale.  Now, we are going out to get the recent film version of the story of Little Red Riding Hood on DVD.  I hope that it is as good as some say, although the producers of the film could have chosen a better name for the character than "Valerie".  Somehow, that name just seems so "twilight-ish" and not at all traditional enough for a 17th century tale.

Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment