Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Last words from Foolish Adventurers




"When we were in the fishing village near the stormy peninsula, we came across one of the stories that had intrigued us at the previous inns that we had visited all along the coast.  It seems that these stories are widely told and retold all along those rainy and foggy seaside villages.  I don't know about you, sir, but I like my pockets full of gold like the next man does, and my co-adventurers here will agree.

As the story goes, there is a ruined castle hidden amongst the countless rainy islands that line the foggy coast far along the peninsula.  It is also true that a ruthless king, whose name is lost to history, and who was cursed by one of his victims, still roams the ruins of his castle, not living or otherwise.  A nightmare shade from a forgotten age, cursed to exist yet not exist.

He is the nameless king who still guards vast caverns of gold and jewel.  But like my compatriots here and I believe; "what can a foolish old ghost do to us?"  Such stories are better meant for scaring misbehaving little ones into finishing their dinners and going to bed at a proper time.  I for one, and I speak for the three of us, as we now head for those very islands, will brush aside any helpless spectre, and search out that fabled treasure for ourselves.  What a fine thing that it will be."

-last words from foolish adventurers-

No comments:

Post a Comment