Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"The Steps of Arae" Illustration


This image is part of a series of illustrations that I built for a story that has remained incomplete for approximately five years.  I keep pushing off some stories in order to work on others.  I have so many of those these days.  At first, I thought that this story was one of the many that were lost in the great flash drive smushings of 2009.  I lost many complete, incomplete, and story ideas.  It was such a tragedy.

Luckily, this one and others were saved elsewhere.

As you can tell, this one is a fantasy set in an unnamed land.  I usually do not like to use common names and places in my stories, so this story is not set anywhere as in ancient Europe or anything.  Maybe it took place on an ancient land that only existed only until the last time that the continents moved, or centuries before then.

Oh yes, the title of this illustration is not the title of the story.  In the story, Arae is the name of a land where a dark fortress stood.

Well, eventually I will complete the illustrations, and more importantly, the story itself.  With those illustrations, it will make for a pretty substantial ebook size.

We'll see what happens.

p.s., if people are interested in this story, and what it is about, add a comment.  Perhaps I will put aside my current project and complete and release this one next.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment