Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Troll's House


Don't let people tell you that the swampland is safe like the new neighborhood realtors have been trying to do.  Remember how when we were young the old troll took up residence in that lake house and drove its residents away?  Well, it seems that things haven't changed.  The old troll may have moved away since you left for the hills, but his nephews moved in and took his place.

I tell you, if it's not one spiny skinned and long-lived creature in our midst, its two hard-shelled and green skinned ones taking it's place.  It makes one think that leaving for the hills may not be all that bad, even if there are wisps there.  But at least they don't eat your livestock and make a habit of trying to slay your night watch.

Well, I'm taking your suggestion and am about to load up my cart and make for the hills myself.  You can expect to see me soon.  We'll sit by the fire with some fried fish and ale and talk about old times.  Hopefully, the werewolves won't be home when I pass through the woodlands, since this is their convention season and they all love to attend.

-Your cousin, Otto the Chicken Rancher


No comments:

Post a Comment