Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Poor Victim



Where is everybody?

They told us to stay on the far side of the lake.  They told us all to leave before dark.  They told us not to go into the woods, and they certainly told us not to go through the glade, but none of us knew why.  They told us that the little abandoned house in the glade was not to be disturbed.  Sometimes, I just don't understand people.  When I saw that all of you left me, I was disappointed.

Hah! some brave friends that I have.

The last that I saw of you, was Lana's hair as you all ran through the bushes.  Well, I suppose that I'm the brave one.  Yea! Let's get that straight!  I'm the brave one, and I'm the only one that actually went into the little house!

I looked around, and like they told us, the house was abandoned.  There was nothing in that house but a chair and that strange glowing rock on it.  Remember that little glowing rock that they told us about? Yea, it was there, and now it was mine!

After I left the house, I went after you.  Soon after that, I saw you; Toby and Lana, I saw you both.  I saw you too, Jeremy! You're all chickens! That's right, chickens! bok! bok!

I saw you as you looked back at me, and then you all turned and ran off as fast as you could.  It's not as if I had cooties or anything.

Hey! I took the rock from the house, but after I ran after you, I tripped and lost it.  I ran after you, and here I am, back at the clearing! Hey! Come back!

Monsters? What monsters? I'm telling you, there really isn't anything in these little woods that can hurt you! You know that, right?

Hey, come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment